background_1

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sayonara, Social Network

The time has come. I have to suspend my facbook account for a little bit.

<insert gasp, short breaths and brown paper bag here>

You see, I spend way too much time reading about everyone else's lives. I open facebook at least 20 times per evening, which is ridiculously too many. About 19 times too many. What it really boils down to is that I have an addiction to some crazy social network that does not have an addiction to me (and I think everyone should have an addiction to me).

The biggest reason is that my major, super-dee-duper important teaching portfolio was due on 1/1/11. It's 1/17/11 and I still haven't submitted it. Believe me, it's been hanging over my head day and night, but I can't sit down and finish it. I can't finish it because everytime I open my computer, I go straight to facebook to see what monumental, crazy "important" things have happened. Once I scan a few dozen profiles and read status updates, I close my computer, completely forgetting that I should have used that time to write an essay. I *hate* missing deadlines, and this one, the most important in my grad school career, has passed me by. So today, as of 12pm, my facebook account is going on hold. Frank won't believe it until he tries to search for me and I don't come up, but I'm proving him (and Delaney, 'cause I know she's right there with him) that I can do it, and I have to do it.

As an incentive to myself to get the portfolio done, I went to the fabric store this morning and bought an adorable pattern and supplies to make Little Miss Magic her birthday dress. I am not opening the pattern or reading the directions until my portfolio is submitted. I desperately want to tackle the project, but I am not until my portfolio is done.

This prolly means no more blog posts for a while, too (I'm hoping just two days max), but I've got more important things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment