Last Saturday morning was pajama day for Little Miss Magic’s gymnastics class. Here is how our morning went:
Me: MM, it’s pajama day at gymnastics!
MM: What?
Me: Put these pajamas on, you’re wearing them to class. It’s going to be so much fun!
MM: But I just took my pajamas off.
Me: I know, but since its pajama day at gymnastics, you have to wear these.
MM: I didn’t wear them last night.
Me: You’re right. Since we’re going out in public, you have to wear these pajamas.
MM: Why can’t I wear my leotard?
Me: Because it’s pajama day.
MM: I just took off my pajamas.
Me: I know, you’re putting these on now.
MM: But I wear my leotard to gymnastics.
Me: Do you want to wear your leotard today?
MM: No, you said it’s pajama day. So I have to wear pajamas.
Me: You don’t have to wear pajamas if you don’t want to. I just thought you would be excited about it.
MM: Okay. I’m excited. I just don’t know why I am wearing pajamas to gymnastics.
Once we got to class and she saw all of her friends and her teacher wearing pajamas, she was able to put it all together. It was a loooong 10 minute car ride to class though. I am so thankful and appreciative of her thinking skills, but sometimes it drives me a little batty!
No comments:
Post a Comment