Tomorrow marks the start of back-to-school week. Teachers start tomorrow and students return the next Monday. One of the perks of teaching is most certainly the 9-12 weeks off of school in the summertime, but with the pure elation of paid time off in June comes the exact antithesis of dread when we have to return. That day is tomorrow.
But with the dread, frustration and have I mentioned dread(?) of "back to school" stuff comes feelings of excitement and anticipation. What can I do differently? What can I do better? What have I wanted to do that I haven't done? It has and always will be my true New Year's Eve. (side note - I think the real New Year's Eve is one of the most overrated holidays. Ever.) So I started a habit about 5 years ago of making resolutions and goals on the eve before teachers return, both professionally and personally. Goals that I know I will most likely reach (becuase I like to succeed) coupled with a few overraching just for fun. Like losing 30 pounds and winning the lottery. A girl's gotta dream. So as I have done since before I can remember, I habitually without even thinking twice go to the nearest school supply store to purchase new pencils, pens and a fresh, oh-smells-so-wonderful planner and pack my bag the night before. The new school year always makes me happy and excited because after all, I really do love my job and am really happy with the profession that I chose. That's what life is about - that, family and friends. Love. Love. Love.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment