background_1

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Loving & Loathing

I know it's been a while since my last post. I wish I had some wonderful, believable excuse to give you, however, I don't. Believe me, I think about posts all day long. All. Day. Long. Mostly because I talk to myself, and since everyone else uses their blog as a way to share thoughts, my brain naturally follows suit.

I had a brilliant (in my opinion) post already written and typed as I folded the third load of laundry about 2 hours ago, but now that I've sat down to actually put it into the blogosphere I can't remember most of it. It could be because I'm on my third glass of Skinny Girl Margarita, or it could be that I mostly just think of myself as boring.

Here's what I can remember about the post. It goes along the lines of things I'm loving and things I'm loathing. 

LOVING:
- I treated myself to a pedicure yesterday. This is muy amazing because a) I never do this, and b) I chose hot pink and my toenails look awesome. Very summer. Very fun.
- I forked over about a trillion dollars and joined a fitness center. It. Is. Fan. Tastic. My body is screaming at me and I am in agony as I sit on the couch right now (if anyone ever suggests the ballet barre, don't do it if you're a sissy). However, I have not felt this good about myself in a long time. Since my Tae Kwon Do days. I wrote another (brilliant) blog post in my head about my experiences so far (including a college co-ed, a 40-something woman who needs to give it up, and the attire that graces gyms these days) but, duh, I didn't write it fast enough. Maybe in the future. Ha. 
-Little Miss Magic was swimming like a perfect little fish today at a birthday party. She's a rock star. 
- I got a cute summer hair cut, too. It's getting shorter and shorter as I approach 30, and I'm okay with that.  
- I bought Little Miss Magic some toddler roller skates at the consignment store for $3. Best $3 I've spent in a long time. 
I need to clean them up a bit to make them match this amazon.com picture, but everyone always appreciates a visual!


Her balance is phenomenal for a 2-year-old (I'm not just saying that because I'm her mother) and she laughs when she falls down. Can't get any better than that!


LOATHING:
I can't remember what I was loathing at the time I originally started this post (2 days ago - but who's counting). It was probably my sore muscles doing most of the groaning. Tonight I'm perfectly content.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! And the skates. And the hot pink nails. And LMM. And miss you all so, so much.

    ReplyDelete