I've got my nose in the books again. Well, not really. I'm trying to make myself study, but so many things distract me - laundry, the kitchen, the pile of schtuff on my dining room table, blogs of people I've never met nor prolly never will, The Office, Glee, The Real Housewives... the list of completely useless and unimportant things continues. (Frank and LMM, obvi, are not included in this).
Next Thursday I will be taking the major state exam that determines whether or not I truly will get my masters degree. It set me back more than $300, so by golly I better pass it or I'll be bummed on more than one level. I bought a book, printed a bunch of things from various 'study prep' websites, and have been doing a little bit each night. The problem is that I am sooooooooooooo easily distracted. For example, last night, instead of studying after LMM finally stayed in her bed long enough to allow herself to fall asleep, I opted to bleach all the grout in my kitchen rather than study. With a toothbrush. Yep. It sure looks purdy! Frank had to stop me and remind me that I couldn't possibly bleach all the tile grout in the condo in one night because the fumes were overpowering. (he's so sensitive)
But I have to study. Have. To. Study. I also have a major paper due on Monday the 21st. Major. I am forcing myself to do these things, though, because on Friday the 18th, two-thirds of my bridesmaids who I don't share genes with are coming to town with their hubbies. The babysitter is already booked and confirmed. One couple will be here just for the night because they leave on a cruise the next day, the other will stay through Monday. So you see, I have to get myself together and reward my studying (hello St. Patrick's Day celebration) and perfect paper writing (hello forever friends)!
image courtesy of vincedot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment